Colors of autumn, incl variations, C&C

TiCoyote

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
For the three that are essentially the same, just with different focal points, let me know which, if any, works best.
4019897631_c445456b48_o.jpg

4019876207_025e1046cc_o.jpg

4019897845_da316cf166_o.jpg

4020658528_0c14f06721_o.jpg

#1-Good shot but #2 does more. The subject just seems too far.
#2-Personally #2 works best for me, your subject (the bench) is close and does more for me than #1.
#3-Essentially the same shot as #2 the bench is just out of focus.
#4-Does nothing for me, was i supposed to C&C this shot?

I like #2 the best. I like the soft edges on the bench but maybe it could be a little sharper.

Thanks, Atlas and Pcubed. I think I like #2 the best as well. Looking at them again, I wonder how it would look if I focus on the near end of the bench rather than the far end. I shot this with the 50mm 1.8, wide open. It's a new lens for me, and I'm really just starting to discover its potential.

I like number 2 the best too. Having an out of focus bench in the foreground doesn't do anything if it doesn't lead you into the back ground, I actually find it annoying lol. The second is nice but I think it would benefit if you have more DOF by increasing it by a couple of f stop.

#2 composition is the best out of 1,2,3. You don't have to have the aperture wide open in that shot. Increase the f-stop and get more DOF as you go up to bring both the bench and the background into focus (if that's what you intended to do). Just my newbie thoughts. Great pictures!

Most reactions

Back