Comic Strips/ Cartoons.

Luminosity

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Which comic strips or cartoons did ya like to read or watch when ya were a kiddie ? ( or which ones do ya STILL love to this day ).

My dad was a fan of The Phantom and Garfield. So I read those comic strips as a kid ( loved Garfield ). I used to get into Archie ( & co. ) too.

I was always confused as to WHO was Archies love interest ; Betty or Veronica :lol:

I never really read comics. It's not all that big a deal here. Maybe the odd Beano and such now and again. Mainly when there was a free gift.

TV cartoons on the other hand. Disney cartoons have to be the best. Recess, Kim Possible etc. Oh! And Gummi Beers! I loved that! *starts humming away to the theme tune*

A harder question would be what cartoons did you watch as a kid and still like after seeing them again. I remember watching Sharky And George when I was little and loving it. When they repeated it again it seemed the biggest load of tosh I'd ever seen.

It's safe to say, cartoons are great.

GARFIELD

ga041209.gif

Garfield would be my favorite comic strip, but its lame 90% of the time these days. And I like foxtrot. I check both daily online, but im tempted to remove garfield from the list.

I loved the gummi bears cartoon. Ive written them and asked them to make a season dvd set for them but they havent done it yet.

Todays cartoons are pretty lame compared to the 80's cartoons. Anyone seen the new transformer's? Pretty cheap looking.

Anyone remember Jayce and the wheeled warriors?

My absolute favorite comic was Calvin and Hobbes. Nothing will ever equal that one for me. I do read Foxtrot online and enjoy that one, but Calvin and Hobbes was the ultimate.

I really love Fox Trot, has been my favortie for about 8 years.

And thanks Ferny, now I have the Gummi Bears theme in my head, and no, I didn't need the link to remind me how it goes. :D

I like Ctrl-Alt-Del because I'm a bit of a gamer and sometimes it's just plain funny: http://www.ctrlaltdel-online.com

and I've recently found Red vs. Blue and the strangerhood from roosterteeth studios.. These are machinima, cinema created using game engines and also pretty funny: http://www.roosterteeth.com

Tom & Jerry... I still can't get enough of it :)
Tintin
Asterix and Obelix (sp?)
Spiderman
Superman
Popeye the Sailorman
Garfield
Dennis the Menace
Donald Duck series
And an Indian cartoon that you would not know.

I love cartoons. :)

Aoide said:
My absolute favorite comic was Calvin and Hobbes. Nothing will ever equal that one for me. I do read Foxtrot online and enjoy that one, but Calvin and Hobbes was the ultimate.

I wholeheartedly agree. Calvin & Hobbes is the funniest and smartest comic I have read. I was crushed when Bill Watterson retired.

I get a daily dose of Calvin & Hobbes from myucomics.com

Bloom County is #1 forever. I won't get into my Opus obsession. Let's just say there's lots of him around.

Calvin & Hobbes is #2.

For current ones, I like Get Fuzzy & Foxtrot.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back