Comments are welcome

AndreaV

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi All,
I am new to TPF... That is my first DSLR and I really want to improve (yes I know: I have a long way to go...) All comments are welcome.
Thanks, Andrea

Attachments

• $IMG_0125_ALTS-1.jpg
    $IMG_0125_ALTS-1.jpg
    192.2 KB · Views: 67
  • $IMG_0133_ALTS.jpg
    $IMG_0133_ALTS.jpg
    116 KB · Views: 69
The first one is a bit overexposed, I would have liked to see more detail in that large headstone.

The second one is more interesting to me. I like the wavy shadow going down the tree. I think this shot could have been improved a bit if the trunk was positioned a bit more to the right, so it isn't right smack in the center. Generally following the rule of thirds will give you more interesting shots.

Welcome to the forum! Let us know a bit more about your equipment (what kind of DSLR?) and settings (what mode were you shooting in? and what aperture/shutter speed did you use?) and we may be able to help you out a bit more.

The first one is a bit overexposed, I would have liked to see more detail in that large headstone.

The second one is more interesting to me. I like the wavy shadow going down the tree. I think this shot could have been improved a bit if the trunk was positioned a bit more to the right, so it isn't right smack in the center. Generally following the rule of thirds will give you more interesting shots.

Welcome to the forum! Let us know a bit more about your equipment (what kind of DSLR?) and settings (what mode were you shooting in? and what aperture/shutter speed did you use?) and we may be able to help you out a bit more.

Great comments! I agree.

On this first one, I'm thinking a little more space leading up to the headstone. But found myself asking what the intended subject was, if it was that particualr headstone, or the entire group of headstones.

Possibly getting closer, and lower and shoot across 3 or 4 headstones (if alignment allows). Basically, moving in and shooting the headstones in smaller groups and trying different angles. Then, the learning will be about exposure and what aperture to use to take it to another creative level.

Just some thoghts, welcome to the forum! :)

Thanks for your comments and time.

Photo 1:
Shutter Speed: 1/160
Aperture value: 16
ISO:200
Focal length: 33mm

Photo 2:
Shutter Speed: 1/500
Aperture value: 5.6
ISO:160
Focal lengh: 85mm

Canon 50d