Common Buzzard.

u8myufo

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
With a small window of opportunity regarding the weather this morning, I took a five minute drive out to a local spot where I know there are Buzzards. After parking up it was just a couple of minutes walk to a spot in amongst some cover.After settling down the wind did pick up quite a bit so I thought that might hamper things slightly.

From memory last year they always seemed to come out early morning, mid morning and just after midday. The time now was 10am, a wait of around 20 minutes and one turned up patrolling the hedgerow about 90ft or so away. I managed to grab a few shots before it dissapeared again. About fifteen minutes passed and I could see the dark clouds heading over, a gentle walk back to the car, removes me clobber and gets in car, rain comes down. Job done!

2.jpg

3.jpg

1.jpg

Yep, good efforts and well composed.

Not what I call a buzzard but great shots!

The UK has much prettier buzzards than the US

The UK has much prettier buzzards than the US

Everything in the UK is much prettier than in the USA. Especially me:bouncingsmileys:

Does it have a name other than a "common buzzard". It really looks more like a hawk compared to the ugly buzzards I'm used to seeing.

Does it have a name other than a "common buzzard". It really looks more like a hawk compared to the ugly buzzards I'm used to seeing.

the Common name in the UK has always been Buzzard or Common Buzzard Kirk, the scientific name being Buteo buteo. It is however from the family Accipitridae (hawks and eagles).

nice set.

I like the bird...

the Common name in the UK has always been Buzzard or Common Buzzard Kirk, the scientific name being Buteo buteo. It is however from the family Accipitridae (hawks and eagles).

I see. I commonly see turkey vultures but they aren't called common vultures so you can see where the name, Common Vulture" might throw someone off. It's interesting how things are done differently across the world.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back