A safari into the forest

Rebellious

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Last Saturday - 25th Jan 2020, I took a safari into a nearby forest - Kabini National Reserve.

Since we arrived there at 5 AM to a clear star studded sky, tried my hand at astrophotography

_NZ65516.jpg

Spotted these during the safari.
_NZ65694.jpg

Wooly necked Stork
_NZ65703.jpg

Great Egret
_NZ65723.jpg

Yellow Footed Green Pigeon
_NZ65744.jpg

Sambar Deer
_NZ65762.jpg

Serpent Eagle

We had already finished 2 hours & 15 minutes of the 2 hour 30 minute safari. With hopes of spotting a big cat almost gone, we started heading back. Out of the blue, the dominant male tiger of the territory, decided to show up and walked casually towards our vehicle, crossed the path right in front of us & vanished into the bushes.

He was one massive tiger. He is 8 years old and weighs in at 300 kg, I was told. He was barely 25 feet away and gave us a total cold shoulder. I have a cold shiver running down my spine. After all, it was the jungle and he was a free wild soul there
_NZ65801.jpg

It was an awesome experience to see this majestic animal up close in the wild. I am one happy camper :)

I love the tiger!

Big cats rule!

What a great adventure...good for you!!

I love the eagle shot.

Great set, the pidgeon, eagle and tiger are my favorites. :)

Wow what a trip!

Wow! some really nice pics there! Making any poster size from any of them?

The pigeon doesn’t look real-I had to look twice! The eagle is very cool looking. And WOW! To see a tiger-very cool! Great pics and thanks for sharing!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back