What's new

Commuter Rail 2

manaheim

Jedi Bunnywabbit
Staff member
Supporting Member 📸
Joined
Sep 2, 2005
Messages
14,457
Reaction score
3,329
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Ok... this was what I was trying to get...

Commuter%20Rail%202%20-%20035%20bw.jpg


c/c welcome if desired.
 
Bring a stepstool next time...:lol: All kidding aside, a much stronger composition. I like how all the people are crowded up to the door and are in focus. Me thinks you imrpoved upon the original considerably.
 
  • Thread Starter 🔹
  • Moderator 🛠️
  • #3
hahah... I was actually standing on my tippy toes. :)

I was tempted to stand on the seats, but I actually like the way the windows line up so I went with it.

Glad you like it!

I only wish I got that tall gray-haired dude in the shot again. He's neat looking.
 
  • Thread Starter 🔹
  • Moderator 🛠️
  • #4
It's also interesting to note that the train I ride every day... appears to literally be the same train every day. I sort of didn't expect that... or notice it. You'd think after over a year I would have noticed that. :)
 
  • Thread Starter 🔹
  • Moderator 🛠️
  • #5
Morning bump... Surprised to hear from so few folks.
 
^^^^^^Its early and Calif is still sleeping..... I like this shot as it reminds me of my school days in NY
 
I think it's very good and well-seen but I think you might consider going a step further in the PPing.

This is a very geometric image and yet there is some perspective distortion in the lines.
Also, everything is happening at the top and the bottom half doesn't do much except provide an asymmetric view of the seats.

I tried correcting the distortions, cropping and adding a vignette to concentrate the viewer's eye

?

Commuter-Rail-2---035-bwllll.jpg
 
..struggling here. Have to ask which one better puts me, the viewer on that train... have to say the original w/o the crop
 
  • Thread Starter 🔹
  • Moderator 🛠️
  • #9
^^^^^^Its early and Calif is still sleeping..... I like this shot as it reminds me of my school days in NY

Glad you like! :)

I think it's very good and well-seen but I think you might consider going a step further in the PPing.

This is a very geometric image and yet there is some perspective distortion in the lines.
Also, everything is happening at the top and the bottom half doesn't do much except provide an asymmetric view of the seats.

I tried correcting the distortions, cropping and adding a vignette to concentrate the viewer's eye

?

Lew, thank you... I was struggling a bit with some of the distortions but was being impatient and gave up. I agree. I was also thinking just this morning about how I'd like the people to be a little more in evidence and you've totally nailed that. Thanks so much! I'll revisit tonight.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom