Comorant Nest Building

PushingTin

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.christwine.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Taken at mid day (the worst possible lighting for bird photography) but we have had such bad weather lately that I took the first opportunity I got.

Any comments and crits welcome.

comorantstick.jpg

My second attempt today

comorantnest.jpg

Midday is a bad time for capturing birds, but this is still a good shot. You've captured the action, but a faster shutter speed would've frozen the wing tips too. I'm not sure the crop works well with the bird being in the exact center of the shot. Your DOF is outstanding. Well done.

Thanks for commenting emptypockets...

I didnt have the luxury of a faster shutter speed as I was using the Nikon 300 f4 lens with a 1.4 tele which gives me an aperture of 5.6.

Other thoughts was that I should have actually used f8 or there about to try and get the entire body and tail sharp too rather than just than face. Personal preferences I guess.

Wow very clear shots!

I don't know why but I'm drawn to the first photo more, my favorite.

Mind you, both photos are very well taken.

Thanks for commenting emptypockets...

I didnt have the luxury of a faster shutter speed as I was using the Nikon 300 f4 lens with a 1.4 tele which gives me an aperture of 5.6.

Other thoughts was that I should have actually used f8 or there about to try and get the entire body and tail sharp too rather than just than face. Personal preferences I guess.

Ahhh! It happens! I really like the second shot. They're both very well done!

I reckon the 2nd shot would have been better if it had the water as the background.. Wouldnt a 400 f/2.8 be nice for these!!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back