What's new

compact camera with nice hd video recommendation please!

Robin Usagani

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Joined
Jun 6, 2010
Messages
10,347
Reaction score
2,174
Location
Denver, CO
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
a couple of months ago the wife dropped my compact Canon. So now I can only take videos with my D500. It is too hard for her to use because it doesnt do auto focus on video mode. If you use the auto focus it makes loud noise and the focusing is kinda slow.

Now we are in the market of a compact camera or bridge camera. Can someone recommend me to one? I want nice pictures and high quality videos. Ability to control the aperture and speed would be nice too. High zoom is nice too but I rather have better pictures than super long zoom.
 
i don't really use it shoot video but i absolutely love my Canon S95.
seems like every time i use it i find a new feature.. most recently the ability to switch to 2nd curtain shutter sync.
and the fish eye effect is fun to play with!
i use it more than my 40d.
 
anyone else?

Another thing I hate is those is a lens that sticks out with motor externally. I have had 2 cameras broken already from light fall or bump. Once you hit the lens, it wont go back in.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom