Comparing specs

Rustymac

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I am looking at buying a Panasonic camera, but cannot understand the specs they give me. One has still:60-1/2000 sec where the other one has 8-1/2000 sec.
Please can anyone explain the difference to me. Thanks

those are shutter speeds. the first camera listed has a shutter speed range of 60 full seconds (very long) - 1/2000th (or 0.0005) of a second (very fast). The second one has a range of 8 full seconds - 1/2000th of a second. i have never needed a shutter speed longer than 15 seconds, but that's just me. longer shutter speeds are usually used for night scenes, but i don't know what you will use it for. also pretty much everything slower than 1/30th of a second, in my opinion, you will need a tripod.

those are shutter speeds. the first camera listed has a shutter speed range of 60 full seconds (very long) - 1/2000th (or 0.0005) of a second (very fast). The second one has a range of 8 full seconds - 1/2000th of a second. i have never needed a shutter speed longer than 15 seconds, but that's just me. longer shutter speeds are usually used for night scenes, but i don't know what you will use it for. also pretty much everything slower than 1/30th of a second, in my opinion, you will need a tripod.
Yep.

Thanks for your help - i'm on my way to buy a new camera!

Most reactions

Back