What's new

Comparison C&C would be appreciated

ceeboy14

TPF Noob!
Joined
Dec 5, 2012
Messages
2,566
Reaction score
788
Location
Florida
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I think me and the ducks have to part company for awhile...I call these:

Duck Art I

$8381901083_7a7821d0bd_o.webp

Duck - Art!

$8382983632_2bc3ed6ed1_o.webp
 
Both are good..just one problem with the color one though..the lower right corner could've been somewhat less bright..that would have added to the overall ambience of the image.. The B&W version is much better..
 
The brightness of the right corner doesn't really bother me, though I might consider rotating this 90 degrees counterclockwise so the white is at the top right. What I *don't* like is the little "patch" of white on the bottom left.

I definitely like the color more than the B&W. I also think that perhaps you and the ducks should NOT part company, as I'd like to see what else you come up with. :D
 
Yep, what she said.^
The color is definitely better and the lower left corner looks a little odd.
 
Color is better.. more interest! I agree about the lower left corner being distracting... clone it out. Also see if you can pull more detail out of the the white feathers!
 
I think I can tone it down a notch or two but losing it completely throws off the balance between darks and lights. I'll see. The B&W was a very rough treatment, but that's what you get when you play. I had as much fun on the play of words as I did with the variations.
 
Time for me to be contrary again. The color was not of much interest to me, but when I saw the BW I was immediately pulled into the textures and patterns on the feathers. It also allowed you to turn the white patch in the lower left into an asset - now that it's darker and shows more of a pattern it adds rather than detracts.
 
The colour one.... Upside down.

It has a nice organic feel to it flipped and the corner adds depth instead of distracting.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom