Complete amateur! Opinions on my "river and trees" photos?

BryKaty

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi everyone!

So I'm a total novice.. I just posted on the introductions forum to welcome myself :)

I just started taking photos about a week ago using my iPhone (I will be getting a "proper" camera very soon.) Yesterday I went down to the river and got a few shots. Can you tell me what you think? Any feedback would really be appreciated.

IMG_2150 by bryonykate2, on Flickr

IMG_2109 by bryonykate2, on Flickr

IMG_2015 by bryonykate2, on Flickr

IMG_2115 by bryonykate2, on Flickr

IMG_2039 by bryonykate2, on Flickr

IMG_2071 by bryonykate2, on Flickr

I like all your photos except No.2, (too symetrical and no clear subject) you have the eye for composition! there are minor adjustment to be made. but overall Great stuff here! Welcome to the forum, and enjoy the journey!

I think #1 is very good.

These are really quite good, and I think #1, #3 and #4 are outstanding. The effects might be slightly heavy-handed, but I like the look anyways. My one quibble is that the darker tones are not as dark as they ought to be in some of these -- #1 would benefit, for example, from some true black tones in the darkest areas, to my eye.

Well done!

I love the pattern of color of the boats (wonder who Emily is? lower right corner). With a picture like this you could think about where you want things cut off, would the boats be more interesting with more of them showing at the bottom of the frame?

I really like the third one too, once you have a camera besides your phone you might get better contrast, this looks more shades of gray than B&W, but it's a wonderful composition - I agree you seem to have an eye for this.

With the second one I notice there are some buildings off in the distance, this could be one if you walk around you might get the trees and the building tops arranged in your photo in a way that could be more interesting.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back