Complete lighting kits ???

pcacj

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I am starting to look at lighting kits and would love to hear from people that have done this already and can save me some mistakes. I prefer to buy a kit (if one exists) that covers the most common needs for home studio and portable lighting. Budget is a concern but not the only factor. I do not like to buy cheap and have to replace later.

Browsed B&H and Adorama. When doing a Google search for kits, ebay shows up but I am extremely wary of that route. They sound nice and price is low but you never know what level of quality you are going to get.

Any suggestions?

That looks nice. How did you decide that is what you needed?

That looks nice. How did you decide that is what you needed?

Cheap but powerful
cordless "you can buy a AC adapter though"

pocket wizards are pro grade

I do have another post regarding this buy though. Its a few blow this one. I think I will order this is a few if no one has anything bad to say.

Those umbrellas are a bit small. 32" isn't very big especially if you plan on lighting people for more than a headshot.

Also to the OP if you want pocket wizard quality but not quite the crazy distance check out the Paul C Buff cyber syncs. The quality and reliability is awesome they don't work up to 1600' so if you're working that far they aren't for you or if you will be using TTL which I doubt if you're doing special lighting things. GL
TJ

Those umbrellas are a bit small. 32" isn't very big especially if you plan on lighting people for more than a headshot.

Also to the OP if you want pocket wizard quality but not quite the crazy distance check out the Paul C Buff cyber syncs. The quality and reliability is awesome they don't work up to 1600' so if you're working that far they aren't for you or if you will be using TTL which I doubt if you're doing special lighting things. GL
TJ

sorry to hijack but 32" wont be good for say a basketball game? for that, would you not use any and just have bare light?

Most reactions

Back