Complete Newbie - A few photos

PSU_Redhead

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi everyone! I'm new to this forum, and a complete newbie to taking photos. I just got a Nikon D90 and I'm trying to learn how to use it to its full capability. DH and I recently went on a trip to Arizona, so I figured I'd post a few of my favorites from the trip here (I hope I'm posting them correctly?). No PP on any of them - I'm not very familiar w/ PS, and I'd like to work on photography before I try to learn PS. I'm looking for all suggestions for improvement - so all comments are welcome :p

1. The red rocks of Sedona
sedona.jpg

2. The Chapel of the Holy Cross in Sedona, AZ
chapel.jpg

3. Sunset in Sedona
sunset-1.jpg

4. This little guy & a few of his friends walked right up to us at the Grand Canyon and decided to camp out in the middle of the trail!
MG.jpg

I like them all. #2 the most, I just like the color of the sky. I also like the silhouette of the tree in #3. Good job...keeping shooting. I'm new also so I can't provide too much critique.

good stuff.
get your self Magic Lantern DVD or Book for D90. It'll be a GREAT help in getting to know your camera (book is more thorough).

I'm new too and know nothing, but it is my opinion that the vivid sky makes the rocks look washed out. So it feels kind of out of balance to me.
I love the sunset.
Good catch on the animal.

I particularly like how the sky is coming out in your pictures. I would increase the saturation and contrast to the actual rocky parts (can be done with layer masks in PS) to make them pop more.

Did you use a CPL to get those skies?

I like something about each of them. Not bad at all for your just learning...

You're doing good at composing your shots.

Did you use a CPL to get those skies.

I like something about each of them. Not bad at all for your just learning...

You're doing good at composing your shots.

Yes, I did use a CPL. And thanks for the feedback, everyone. Keep it coming! :)

Oh my! Look at the blue blue sky!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back