Completely New To Photography. :)

Prysmata

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
So I'm here saying "Hello!" :)

I'm Amanda; 42, female, and just now developing a serious interest in photography. I have an artistic background (even doing a brief stint as a visual arts major in college before changing majors), but none of that has been in photography, specifically. All I know is that I enjoy taking photos, and that I'd like to get more into it.

At this point, my only equipment is a smartphone and a free online photo editor, so things are pretty basic. I'm hoping to upgrade to a proper camera in the near future, but until then, I'm going to keep doing the best I can with what I have.

Finally, I have one simple philosophy for my photography. If I can make just one person happy with what I do, then I'll know I've done my job correctly. God bless!

Hello and welcome.

There's a few members here who post some great shots taken with phones, and the forum is also a good place for practical advice when you decide to buy a dedicated camera.

And that one person you want to make happy should be you. Hello and welcome to the forum.

Hiya welcome
I have to agree with post 5.
It’s easy to get caught i he trap of taking photos to please others... been there got the t shirt lol

So I'm here saying "Hello!" :)

I'm Amanda; 42, female, and just now developing a serious interest in photography. I have an artistic background (even doing a brief stint as a visual arts major in college before changing majors), but none of that has been in photography, specifically. All I know is that I enjoy taking photos, and that I'd like to get more into it.

At this point, my only equipment is a smartphone and a free online photo editor, so things are pretty basic. I'm hoping to upgrade to a proper camera in the near future, but until then, I'm going to keep doing the best I can with what I have.
Finally, I have one simple philosophy for my photography. If I can make just one person happy with what I do, then I'll know I've done my job correctly. God bless!

Hello Amanda welcome to the Forum. Maybe you can ask me some questions about smartphone photography ( The concepts are really the same) . I am polishing my teaching skills as I want to teach photography when I retire. Feel free to ask me any question about photography in this thread. You would be amaze at what smatphones can achive this days with regards to its ability to take beautiful photos. :)

TUTORIAL:OFF CAMERA EXTERNAL FLASH USING SMARTPHONES

Hi Amanda & welcome to both the forum & your new hobby!
I don't like camera phones myself, but the rest on my family get great results with them, and rarely meet any hardware limits.

What sorts of photography interest you most?

Hi Amanda and welcome to TPF!

Using your phone is fine, the cameras in them are really pretty good nowadays. I often use my phone for shots as well, even though I do have a more advanced camera.

Concept, composition and producing a balanced image is much more important than technicalities. I'll look forward to seeing your shots!

Welcome to the forum. The science and art of photography don't change with the camera you use. Cell phones are great for certain types of photography and there are plenty of online tutorials that will help you get the most out of your cell phone camera. There's even a section on "Cell phone cameras & Camera Phones" in Forums -> Camera Forum here on TPF. Again, Welcome.

Welcome to the forum, Amanda. Here are my phone pictures. I also do other cameras but it would be helpful to know what you like to shoot? If you want to please someone, make a print from one of your best shots, maybe of them, and frame it and give it as a present. Just like that, you'll make someone a friend for life and they'll love you for it. It could even be from your phone pictures. Good luck in whatever you decide to do.
Flickr Search

Most reactions

Back