Composition Techniques C&C

Markw

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.outsidetherainbow.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Ok, so I have been looking up some compositions lately, and I decided to try one that I am familiar with and one I am not so familiar with. Here are the photos. Tell me what you think?

Rule of Thirds. Familiar.
DSC_06311.jpg

Radial.
Radial.jpg

Thanks! :mrgreen: C&C appreciated on the compositions and the photos themselves.
Mark

Ok, so I have been looking up some compositions lately, and I decided to try one that I am familiar with and one I am not so familiar with. Here are the photos. Tell me what you think?

Rule of Thirds. Familiar.

Radial.

Thanks! :mrgreen: C&C appreciated on the compositions and the photos themselves.
Mark

#1. I'm a big fan of selective focus but the "in focus" area extending across the photo is annoying. Unfortunately, I'm not sure how to avoid it.

Im confused what you mean? You dont like how the whole flower is in focus?

Mark

I think he's talking about the area that is in focus going across the bottom of the picture...the narrow DOF band.

i love the first.

using a marquee selection you could probably select the area to the left and right of the flower and do a blur on that selected area to try and get it to match the area thats out of focus.

Oh! That was my misinterpretation! I thought you meant the second one. I dont care much for it either. I do love my new 50mm 1.8 lens for it though.

Mark

I think the first image would be stronger if the center of the bloom was closer to the lower right power point.

Most reactions

Back