Composition

molested_cow said:
Dude, seriously, why would you care about rules so much?!

Look at the view finder, and ask yourself is it's nice. If it is, it's right! If not then find another composition!!!

Some of you guys address photography as a form of art, and still think of rules. Let it come naturally. You won't really learn and understand it unless you learn it through realization.

I'm not sure if thats for me.

In either case, let me be clear why I posted the question. I'm a student who questions the set norms instead of mugging it all up since it is the "set rule".

And as a maturing 'snapshooter', I don't think I'd be worried about the rules so much, but don't I have the liberty to ask questions? Isn't that how we all become better each day? :)

OK

But what about when you shoot at say an auto race???......If you put too much info into a photo doesn't that just confuse the viewer of said photo???.......if you get a strong subject that you centre out in your pic.........does it really matter where it is placed???

Now i think a landscape is an entirely different animal since you are shooting with a great DoF and then you would want to apply the rule of thirds i suppose???

There are lots of "rules" to composition.

In auto racing, for example, it usually works better to have a moving subject (or subject that suggest motion) coming into the frame rather than leaving the frame.

Basically, leave more room in front of the car than behind it.

Again, all the rules were meant to be broken.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back