Computer help!

davidharmier60

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
My computer gets in a mood where every click of the mouse opens a new window.
In this case the keyboard (which is plugged into a usb port) doesn't work. I've highlighted a 3 on YouTube but can't change the number. Since I can only get to Watchuseek on the puter I need help.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

1. Does restarting the computer resolve the problem?

2. Do you have (or can you borrow) a different keyboard and mouse to determine if either one of those are the issue?

Hmm, any history on when this started to occur (updates, hw changes, new apps ...) ?

Not able to try other mouse or keyboard.
Reboot didn't help last time.

See if you can get into a Safe Mode bootup ... and see if the problem is not present.

I just logged out. It didn't reboot. This time the mouse is doing what it should. I'm not even going to touch the keyboard until I'm through with comics.

I get pop-ups from some driver place.
After one of them it went funky again.
Can't bring up log off. If I click start it flickers and is gone. Otherwise the mouse works as it should. I haven't gotten another pop-up from that place since it went wonky. I was trying to place a picture of a Vostok Komindirskie I modded.

Just turned it off. Waited maybe not long enough. Pushed the power button. Got fast beeping and now have nothing but but a curser at the top left of the screen.

Doesn't recognize the keyboard nor the mouse.

Yes, the beeps mean something. But, if it was shut down wrong it could do the curser in the corner too. I've seen all sorts of weird things.

Start over. Power it down. UNPLUG it for at least 10 minutes. Reboot it. If it still does the curser in the corner, you may have to reboot in safe mode and hit a restore point. I can explain. If it's malware or virus related, it should work. If it's hardware or connection related it will not.

Are you keeping the operating software updated? Are you running a malware or virus program? Both are important. If I don't know of a fix, I'll ask the guru.

You can always PM me. I'll do my best to help.

Latest reboot is working for the moment.

Another issue. A tab called Google Chrome Help keeps popping up. Even if I leave it up and go off to the tab I was at it will still come to the fore.

I think I need Firefox.....

Most reactions

New Topics

Back