computer pics

csgrafix

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi!,
I'm kinda new to the forum and have been browsing posts every day since I bought my first dslr about a month ago. I'm just starting with the basics and this forum has been helpful. Thought this might be a good rainy day subject to play with. Lots of variations in what lighting will do and camera settings, so let me know what you think...

haf.jpg

hafopen.jpg

hklightsout.jpg

33771714.jpg

Any input on good ways to shoot with LED lights ? Theres no dye in the water so when I shoot with lights the tubes are just plain.

Nice pc. If you want to really go all out and do something nice, put the PC against a background made of a white sheet draped over a couple coatstands or something, with a light behind it (also draped onto the floor so it's seamless). A roll of paper works better. Then light up your computer and shoot it from different angles, etc.

I like your last shot. It shows good detail in the water block and the motherboard behind it.

Nice pc. If you want to really go all out and do something nice, put the PC against a background made of a white sheet draped over a couple coatstands or something, with a light behind it (also draped onto the floor so it's seamless). A roll of paper works better. Then light up your computer and shoot it from different angles, etc.

I like your last shot. It shows good detail in the water block and the motherboard behind it.

So the only sorce of light should be behind the sheet? ...sounds interesting from mindsite point of view.

Guess its a project for the next rainy day.
Thanks for coments !

So the only sorce of light should be behind the sheet?

No, you only light the sheet so it doesn't look gray. You'd also want a light on the PC try different angles, would be nice to have an off-camera flash.

Just a suggestion though, I know it sounds like a major PITA to set up.

Sounds difficult to me in the sence that if I throw any light or mabe rather direct light onto the computer, the lights cast from the LED's differ a lot in the end result. I guess the right amount of light in the right place is what I should be looking for.

I really like the last 2 shots.. the backgrounds and surrounding's are a little distracting in the first 2.

uh oh,;) Yea... no doubt the backgrounds need help. I intentionally paid no attention to it when I was taking the image, just intended to see results of RIG :D (="computer tower", for thoes who are not too computer literate). I do like the wood floor though.

hey, really like the last two shots,, but 3rd beats all
i am pretty new myself, n i guess the best way is to share ideas so here goes,,
i think you could zoom in/crop on the 3rd pic, so that the bent edge of the comp case (RIG- that was funny) is just ouside the image,,
i like that the two pipes curve in from the base edge, half way through, make more of an interesting pic, keeps in non-uniform....maybe also matching the angle so that the top edge runs parallel to the top edge of the chipset.
Hope this helps,,,
happy shooting

looks more like the clones are getting all their pink nutrients,,,,, :)
p.s. NICE comp dude, i have made a few in my time, but i never really went that deep into cooling systems

So that's the cooler master HAF932 case? lol They seem to be pretty popular with water cooling systems...

A little off topic but yea HAF932. I modded the side panel. Other than that great case,lots of room.

First off I want your computer!

3 is the best picture in there! 4 is also ok.

2 rules of lighting I tend to follow.

Have the source of light behind it, and don't use more than you need. I tend to shoot in available light with a large f-stop. But thats just me!

Do you understand rule of thirds and Golden sector?

Ooh, gotta love the Heatkiller 3.0. I like a very high aperture for LED shots (~F/11) with a long exposure for very soft fans and star-effects on the LED's.

Only suggestion for the rig itself is to unify the colours. Also the tubing looks pretty overkill, lots of extra off to the left.

I am a computer nut myself :thumbup: There are some pics of my rig worklog here.

csgrafix - First off, being a bit of a computer junky, I have to say that your set-up is absolutely beautiful. My buddy actually has that case, but the water-cooling makes it look so much better than his :lol:

Do you understand rule of thirds and Golden sector?

Rule of thirds... yes, I dont think I can google Golden Sector though. Please elaborate

In response to your question here, I googled it because I am still new to photography as well, and I think this site sort of explains it pretty well...Rules of photo composition

Nice shots, I definatly like the third one most...for sure :)

Gnome, Thanx for sharing the link, I guess I didnt dig deep enough.... but hey ! you found the "Golden Sector" :D. Looking back @ the pics, I like the way the cpu waterblock looks the best in image #4, more true to its color and less reflective color.

Sushiwarrior, Followed you rig link- very impressive and looking foward to seeing pics when finished. Will take to your liking and try high aperature @ lowest ISO to see where it goes, Thanks for feedback !
In reguard to the tubing, I left it longer than I intended in order to be able to drain the loop by pulling bay reservoir out from front seamed like it would make things easier... havent drained the loop yet though.

Formatted, lol thanks for your feedback as well, I defenetly will try and reshoot the comp with some sort of backlighting/background when I get a break in time. 1 four year old, 1 five year old, and two pre teens, lots too do.

Thanks again for all your comments. The more the better.
Cheers

Most reactions

Back