Concert Pics

leeroix

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Super stoked! Just got my credentials to a 5 day music festival here in NorCal.
Lineup | bottlerock
So, aside from the 24-70, and the 70-200, can anyone who has done a lot of concerts recommend anything else? Or will those be my "go to" lenses. The only other one I would consider would be the 14-24. I have plenty of memory, and batteries, and a great attitude! Cant wait!

Wow, this event looks awesome! You get paid to take pictures at this?!?!

Amazing! Have fun and photograph "light" as they say.

Holy crap! What a lineup! With your creds, how close can you get to the stages? I assume there will be multiple stages with bands playing simultaneously. Kind of like Lallapalooza.

I haven't shot an event in my lifetime even close to this, but I'd say you have chosen the right lenses. I dunno how wide you'll need to go, but if you're shooting FX then perhaps the 24-70 will cover you and no need for the 14-24? I just don't know. If it were me and I could swing the weight, I'd bring all 3 I suppose.

Man. What a lineup...:headbang:

Yeah I know right? super crazy lineup! Im juiced! Im hoping to get rather close, perhaps some sort of access? IDK, Im going to talk to my promoter. I have a warmup this weekend.
Live In The Vineyard - An Intimate Pairing of Music, Wine, & Food - HOME
haha!
I dont mind lugging the gear around. I thought maybe the 14-24 was a stretch, sometime the super-wide shots are cool, but how many justify getting one?
Payment comes in different forms...

That's quite a score!

I've shot concerts for years, and all I've ever used is the 24-70mm f/2.8 and the 70-200mm f/2.8. Every once in a while I'll drag out the 85mm f/1.8.

If you're going to be in the pits, what you've got will do you just fine. Ultra wide is, to me, the selective coloring of concert shooting...

Lineup | bottlerock
So, aside from the 24-70, and the 70-200, can anyone who has done a lot of concerts recommend anything else? Or will those be my "go to" lenses. The only other one I would consider would be the 14-24. I have plenty of memory, and batteries, and a great attitude! Cant wait!

Flaming Lips + Violent Femmes = Winning!

I have no useful advice regarding lenses.

Have a great time! I look forward to seeing your photos!

Lineup | bottlerock

zOMG--I checked out the lineup and it was like ten times bigger and better than I could have EVER imagined!!!!! WOW!!!!!! Legends, and some fantastic up-and-coming new artists!!! Jeallllllllll-ooouuus!!!!!!

Yeah! ill keep you guys posted. And of course ill post pics! got some coming from this weekends show too :)

Most reactions

Back