Confused about quality of picture

Wow thanks for all the advice. And your image does look far better. I am using PS5.

Shooting at night involves a steady hand to avoid blur. Check your AF points to know what area you are focusing on. Then depending on the lens the depth of field is going to determine how much focus there is. A say 2.0 Fstop will make most things in front and behind the focus point blurry. If you shoot at F11 to f22 then just about everything will be in focus. Night shots to shoot fast are about 2.0 to shoot fast and minimize your blur but it hurts if you want more in focus.

There are always options even with possible focus issues that your are not happy with. I messed around for a few minutes wiht the first image. The second image is to far from the car and the car being black loses to much detail in the dark.

Here's my processed image of your first shot. This was run through some topaz to bring out some additional sharpness then some denoise software to smooth rough areas. From the sharpening process it looks like your camera focus on the ground just in front of the car - the ground is very sharp, but the smoothing has also cleared up a good bit of the car and preserved a nice image overall. The topaz brings out the colors and details in the image.

This isn't the OP's image.

Also, OP... I'd remove your friends image, it's against forum rules to embed other peoples photos. You can post a link to it though, that's totally fine.

i have to say it, since noone else has...

the problem isn't your lens, your camera, or your settings....

it's your choice of subject matter...

if you shot american muscle, the pictures would be 352% more awesome. that's a statistical fact too. ;) :)

Shooting at night involves a steady hand to avoid blur. Check your AF points to know what area you are focusing on. Then depending on the lens the depth of field is going to determine how much focus there is. A say 2.0 Fstop will make most things in front and behind the focus point blurry. If you shoot at F11 to f22 then just about everything will be in focus. Night shots to shoot fast are about 2.0 to shoot fast and minimize your blur but it hurts if you want more in focus.

There are always options even with possible focus issues that your are not happy with. I messed around for a few minutes wiht the first image. The second image is to far from the car and the car being black loses to much detail in the dark.

Here's my processed image of your first shot. This was run through some topaz to bring out some additional sharpness then some denoise software to smooth rough areas. From the sharpening process it looks like your camera focus on the ground just in front of the car - the ground is very sharp, but the smoothing has also cleared up a good bit of the car and preserved a nice image overall. The topaz brings out the colors and details in the image.

This isn't the OP's image.

Also, OP... I'd remove your friends image, it's against forum rules to embed other peoples photos. You can post a link to it though, that's totally fine.

from what i understood it IS his image but it is his buddys car... and he was comparing his images to his friends images

Hey guys. Im a little confused about the quality in picture I keep getting with my camera. Let me give you a little background.

There is a friend of mine that has a nikon setup. Its pretty nice but its not to far off from my gear so im trying to figure out if maybe its my settings? Lens? or im just not meant to take pictures haha. Here is my buddies picture of a Nisson Skyline:

from what i understood it IS his image but it is his buddys car... and he was comparing his images to his friends images

Last edited:
Hey guys. Im a little confused about the quality in picture I keep getting with my camera. Let me give you a little background.

There is a friend of mine that has a nikon setup. Its pretty nice but its not to far off from my gear so im trying to figure out if maybe its my settings? Lens? or im just not meant to take pictures haha. Here is my buddies picture of a Nisson Skyline:

oops sorry i was looking at the civic hatchback... continue....

6872929899_3aea5a4cbc_z.jpg

distracted by the white structure and reflections and the spoiler not centered ;)

OP... This goes to show that not many people read your post.

Everyone seems to think the first image is yours, therefore they didn't read past the second sentence.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back