Confused beginner

bdreporter

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I just bought a Canon 1DXII, mounted a tamron 18-270, and began getting pictures like this. Have used this lens on 3 other canon bodies with no problems. 2 other lenses mounted on the 1DX body with no problems. This has me confused. Suggestions?
AR2I9742.JPG

480sparky

Chief Free Electron Relocator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
pixels.com
Photos NOT OK to edit
I don't know the specifics of the camera and lens, but I'd say you've got a full-frame camera body and a crop-body lens. The lens isn't designed to cover the entire full-frame sensor.

mjcmt

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Photos NOT OK to edit
Your lens is for a smaller APS crop sensor camera, while your camera has the larger full frame sensor. There's probably a crop sensor setting in your camera until you get a full frame lens for your camera. The lens mount is the same whether its full frame of crop sensor, just the sensor size in the camera is different.

Warfarin

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Photos OK to edit
Crop sensor lenses shouldn’t fit on a full frame in Canon. The crop factor lenses are EF-S and don’t fit.

Warfarin

Reaction score
Photos OK to edit
Ah I missed the Tamron part

wfooshee

Reaction score
Photos OK to edit
As you zoom the lens out, it will eventually cover the entire image. As stated above, that lens is made for cameras with a smaller sensor, and at the short end of the zoom range it simply can't cover the full-frame sensor in your camera.

OP
B

bdreporter

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Photos NOT OK to edit
I appreciate the feedback. It was my error for not reaching an understanding between Aps-c and fullframe cameras/lenses. The tamron is not a full frame lens. will keep it for use on other bodies.

480sparky

Chief Free Electron Relocator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
pixels.com
Photos NOT OK to edit
Don't apologize. None of us were born knowing this... we all learned exactly the same way you did.

RAZKY

Reaction score
Photos NOT OK to edit
Don't apologize. None of us were born knowing this... we all learned exactly the same way you did.
I know of one person who learned the difference between a crop sensor and full frame lens without first buying the wrong one!:smug:

Most reactions

New Topics