Confused

Dougie

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hi all, I haven't been on for a while. I'm thinking of replacing my 75-300 USM lll with an equivelant lens. I'm not getting quite the sharpness on my end results. Any pointers on which lens is giving good results? cheerz

Hi Dougie.............The 75-300 has been replaced by the new 70-300 IS USM. Just got one for my wife.
We shoot horse events and she wanted more than her 28-135 for arena stuff.

Big difference between the 2 lenses. The 70-300 is described as "the poor mans L". You can get some good reviews from .....
http://www.fredmiranda.com/reviews/showproduct.php?product=294&sort=7&cat=27&page=3

Do not confuse it with the DO version.

Try the EF 70-200 F/4 L. It's an excellent piece of glass. A bargain at $550-$600 in my opinion for an L lens. Ultrasharp, great color and contrast, fast AF etc. as with the entire L line of lenses. I aboslutely loved mine and was blown away by the performance. Sold it to get the f/2.8 version, but still miss the light weight of the f/4. Sob.
Anyway, not quite the reach of a 70-300 but more than pays off with image quality. Can always slap on a 1.4x TC if you want more reach. I wouldn't reccommend the 2x TC since it slows down the lens too much and pictures start getting soft.

Thanks for that folks. I'm tending to lean towards the 70-300 IS, for the extra focal length and it's quite a sharp lens as well.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back