Constructive feedback please

fury

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
new camera and one of my first pics.

$St davids ruin 260512 020.jpg

hehehe - is it so bad that everyone is stunned into silence :)

Hi there,
You have amazing and creative mind, to be honest this photo is very...messy. It has no sense of direction or meaning. Try to keep it simple, maybe you should have really emphasized the structure. Great photo though.

Thanks,
JoshuaSimPhotography

Thank you for the reply Joshua,

this is the start of an amazing and bewildering new hobby for me, and any advice is well appreciated.

thankyou

hehehe - is it so bad that everyone is stunned into silence :)

Patience! You will see when you are on here longer that people frequently post photos and don't get any response for days, or ever ...

Your photo is not a bad composition and the shadows are good, but it might be better to concentrate on parts of it instead of showing everything. For example, the shadows and building work well together, but at least IMO, having the sky and sun in the frame kind of dilutes the effect. If you're not shooting in RAW you should be because for contrasty scenes like this you can improve the rendition of details in the shadows and highlights much better during the conversion than you can on a jpg file.

Thank you KenC

i will have a look at shooting in raw, and will have a play with the setting once pics on the comp

Fury

Most reactions

New Topics

Back