Contacts

Hertz van Rental

We're supposed to post photos?
Reaction score
I came across a few contact sheets to-day and it occured to me that no-one seems to post their contacts. This is a shame because contact sheets are very useful and instructive tools.
I thought I would rectify this and and get my posting score up at the same time. All from portrait sessions going back a couple of years.
The quality isn't good because I just bang out contacts and don't care about the quality of them too much. The scanning is a bit dodgy too...

Contacts35mm.jpg

contactsAlex.jpg

contactsRoy.jpg

I hope this gets other people posting their contacts.

You, take photos? :scratch:

Thanks for these Hertz. I hope to make some contact sheets when I finally get round to developing my own film. Now I know how they come out I'll definitely give it a go. I only have a desk lamp so it'll be interesting to see what I get. :mrgreen:

You can get reasonable contacts with a table lamp, no problem.
Paper face up, negs on top, sheet of glass to hold them flat. Use the lamp far enough away to give even illumination.
Do a test strip first to work out the exposure. I would put a 40W pearl in the light so the exposure isn't too short.
Process normally.
I always do contacts under the enlarger in exactly the same way.
If you have a decent scanner with a tranny hood you can do a contact sheet on that.

It's got a 40w bulb in it now. It's my main light sorce when I take digital photos. Very handy little thing. :)
The issue has always been, how long to I expose for? I'll have to work that one out.

The scanner I have is a normal flatbed. You can't get a new cover for it either. So it's not even a post op tranny. :(

Most reactions

Back