Contax SLR

spirosnm

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hi all.

I don't know where this fits, so if it in a wrong part of the forum, please excuse me.

I was given the following as a gift

http://www.nicobastone.com/Contax_139.htm

With extra 200 Carl Zeiss lens and another one from Hoya.

Since I am completely new to photography and have no idea of tech data, cameras etc, could you please let me know how good this is, if it is rare, collectors etc ?

In addition are the extra lenses compatible to a DSLR and if so to which ?

Thanks

The contax 139 is a pretty decent little SLR. Carl Zeiss lenses are some of the best lenses around...so that's good. This camera also uses TTL flash, if you can find one. I'm not sure how "rare" it is. Contax (Kyocera) stopped making cameras in 2005, but they still support all the old stuff. The lenses are compatible with a lot of Yashica SLR's. You can also find adapters for other cameras as well.

It's not very rare, to judge from how often they pop up at eBay and other second hand market environments.

As for the quality of the camera, I cannot really judge, since I never had one, but I must say I've been thinking about getting one for quite a long time, so I guess that says something of my opinion on it.

As it has been pointed out, the lenses it mounts are great. And so is the one lense you mention you have, I believe. Others will comment more and better, but believe if I say that was a very nice gift you got!

Thanks for your replies.

I am thinking of getting a canon eos 400 d (just the body) and I was wondering if the above lenses could fit and if not what kind of adapters would I need ??

Most reactions

Back