Contax t2 issue

Tommaso

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hello there,

I had a problem with my Contax T2 where the frame counter went back to zero about mid roll apparently no reason. I kept shooting thinking I would be able to take all the exposures regardless. However upon developing the roll I realised the camera kind of skipped 20. Attached is a picture of the summary. And obviously I have not taken the missing exposures at all.

Is this the frame counter that’s having an issue? Does anyone have an idea ?
I have now loaded another one to test the behaviour hoping it won’t represent itself.

be3451e5af6e40988bdc4943d9723a67

Did you open the film door mid-roll?

That is usually what causes the frame counter to go back to zero.

I have no idea, not that I remember of to be honest. I was wondering if other than that, there is other reasons that would explain this behaviour. Needless to say I got in touch with a few repair shops but they havde not provided further details apart from saying "I do not have spares". This makes me think they reckon the issue in ralated to the electronics, but I have not been provided any explanation.

Worth another roll to rule out popping the back. Contax p&s models did share issues with electronics, mainly involving the shutter. Despite the cult following and bloated prices, they're very tough to get serviced now. Unlike SLRs of that period which techs now will usually still tackle, p&s models usually got serviced thru authorized brand service shops with supplies of parts and service documentation. It's a 30 year-old camera that's had no support for years.

Is there a low battery warning symbol?

Hi,

Once I found the counter was on 01, I quickly removed the battery and put back it. This is when I noticed the battery sign showing low battery for a brief moment. It disappeared after a few seconds though.

When you replaced the battery did you hear the camera advancing the film (as it does when loading a new roll)?

Nope, it was silent as I recall. No weird sounds at all. And in fact I assumed the camera would start shooting from where it left, hoping it would not skip any exposure

All this sounds like you just have a dying battery. I'd try a fresh battery and shoot another roll.

Most reactions

Back