What's new

Continuing the Recent Blitz...

GoM

TPF Noob!
Joined
Jun 14, 2006
Messages
1,537
Reaction score
1
Location
Toronto, ON
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Apologies. I've been in a very...motivated and inspired mood lately, hence, tons of photographs. Hope y'all don't mind...

#1 - Some high school punk skateboarding in the main park of the city
boarderbs0.jpg


#2 - Haha waiting at a bus stop...guy on the right pretended not to notice me, guy on the left glared at me for about 2 minutes before walking down to the next stop down the next block down. Good times.
creeperim3.jpg


#3 - A theatre downtown...apparently under 'repairs'
ripwa7.jpg


#4 - This shot has horrible composition, lighting and is far too dark for its own good and looks the same in black and white as it does in colour. Yet, for some reason, I like it.
streetaf6.jpg


Egads, I gotta get more picky with what shots I post...and post less, hah.
 
I like that photo best that you declare hopeless ... I really like against-the-light photos that depict scenes, people, all that, as silhouettes (or mostly just silhouettes). And I like the lines of the shadows that come towards us, the viewers! Along with the bright lines that outline the persons. So there!
 
I agree with LaFoto, as usual. I like that one best! The rules of composition and exposure are only guidelines. Creativity is where the great photos come from.
 
I agree. I think the last one is the best. I also like the 2nd one. You can just tell the guy on the left is thinking "WTF are you doing?" and the guy on the right is trying really hard to make you think he dosn't know you are there. Good job.
 
Wow, so that last one got it eh....thanks guys.

One thing I just noticed about #2 - If you look just below the 'caution - automatic door' sign on the door, you can see me leaning casually against the bus stop on the other side of the street with my camera up. Unintential self-ish-portrait-ish, yes!
 
Ah yes. Thanks for hinting at that, I would have overlooked you ... all I could see in that frame where the cropped off feet of the two guys ... now I can see you in all your glory - feet included :D.
 
:lol: you don't even know how glorious my feet are ;)
 
I have to go with everyone else on this one. I think number 3 is the best!
 
number 2 is great, but I'd rotate it CW just a tad...get that door plumb to the horizon.

Good job on all of them.
 
Cheers guys...

Jocose, I was considering levelling it out in PS, but I decided that I kind of liked it askew slightly. Added to the 'seat of the pants' feel of it, I thought.
 
Cool shootin man. Gotta love those expressions on those two dudes. Heard any good jokes guys?
Cause I have a thing for abandoned places and stuff not living, I like that second shot, but gotta agree..the last shot is really cool.
 
Cheers, Chill

Possible shooting next summer, if I can't stay in town over xmas much?
 
Well, I guess I am going to be the oddball here........my favorite is....#3. There is something about that photo that sticks out to me. Great job!
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom