Continuous Light Waterdrops

PixelRabbit

A naughty little bunny...
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Ok last ones! (for now ;)

These are done with continuous light, you get a glimpse at my "light sources" in the shot of my sidekick Bear lol He was a big help ;) I also stole the bottom of my lava lamp to light it from the bottom :hippie:

Would love to hear your thoughts, thanks for taking a look :)

1. Bear watching the drops with me lol

3. I like the slight motion in this one.

5. And now for something a little different.
The Drought

Pretty cool. I've always wanted to play around with this, but never had the time/space/motivation.

There is still a bit of motion blur, which doesn't totally kill the shots, but take something away. To me, the appeal of 'drop shots' is the motion freezing aspect.

Hey Mike, this was fun you should try it! I will definitely be trying again with continuous light. This was about as frozen as I could get with the light that I had (bunch of led flashlights and the lava lamp bottom under the glass) it was a real balancing act between DOF and shutter speed. Here are the settings for this time around Settings: 1/1250 ƒ/16 ISO 3200 I'm keeping my eye open for stronger continuous light to try again with to see how much faster I can get the shutter, now it is a challenge ;)

Hey Mike, this was fun you should try it! I will definitely be trying again with continuous light. This was about as frozen as I could get with the light that I had (bunch of led flashlights and the lava lamp bottom under the glass) it was a real balancing act between DOF and shutter speed. Here are the settings for this time around Settings: 1/1250 ƒ/16 ISO 3200 I'm keeping my eye open for stronger continuous light to try again with to see how much faster I can get the shutter, now it is a challenge ;)

I find that f/8 works pretty well for water drops. Then you get get your shutter speed up a bit. Just my .02

Thanks Hugh, I will try F8 when I try again with stronger light :)

i took my drops outside into the sunlight . cannot get a better continous light than that

Ah see I usually end up doing things like water drops and smoke at night when I'm bored to play with the light, perhaps I will try during the day also, thanks for the suggestion.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back