Converter

homepat

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I hope this is the right place to post this. I have a Nikon D780 and I was given an Iaowa 100mm f2.8 macro 2x. is there a converter to use with the D780?

If you know what mount is on the lens, you might be able to find an adapter. It looks like those came with a Nikon F mount as an option.

Then try to figure out what it has.

Google search.......

Sold as the Laowa 100mm f/2.8 2x Ultra Macro APO or Laowa 100mm f/2.8 CA-Dreamer Macro 2X, this remarkable lens from Venus Optics gives twice the maximum magnification of most macro lenses.

There are two very similar versions of this lens. The original was designed for full-frame DSLRs, and is available in Canon EF and Nikon F mount. But a more recent mirrorless version was produced for Sony FE-mount mirrorless cameras and is now also available for Canon R-series and Nikon Z-series bodies. The DSLR-format lenses are physically a bit shorter and have a reduced diaphragm blade count of nine and seven, for Canon and Nikon mount respectively. All of the mirrorless format lenses have 13 diaphragm blades, producing a very well-rounded aperture when stopping down.

Most reactions

Back