Cool jumping spider

orionmystery

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Website
orionmystery.blogspot.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
At first glance, I thought it was a Camaricus maugi crab spider. Peeping through the viewfinder, I was surprised to discover that it was a jumping spider, one that looked almost like a Camaricus maugi crab spider.

Jumping spider...IMG_5208 copy by Kurt (orionmystery.blogspot.com), on Flickr

Jumping spider...IMG_5218 copy by Kurt (orionmystery.blogspot.com), on Flickr

Check out the chelicerae

Jumping spider...IMG_5203 copy by Kurt (orionmystery.blogspot.com), on Flickr

Jumping spider...IMG_5183 copy by Kurt (orionmystery.blogspot.com), on Flickr

Jumping spider...IMG_5229 copy by Kurt (orionmystery.blogspot.com), on Flickr

Nice 3th one with the chelicerae. And razorsharp as always! :)

WOW! All I can say is WOW! lol! Nice! :)

I want your macro lens

You folks and your jumping spiders...lol. Very cool shots...but um...have you ever had one jump on you? I always wonder about that but never ask. lol

I want your macro lens

You folks and your jumping spiders...lol. Very cool shots...but um...have you ever had one jump on you? I always wonder about that but never ask. lol

Thanks for the comment,s charlie76, Ernicus.

Ernicus - ha..of course...all the times...just need to be patient with them :D

I want your macro lens

What you mean, Charlie, is that you want Kurt's ability to spectacularly light his subjects with his gear, post process in a non-destructive way, and find fantasticly strange subjects that most of us don't see. I understand. I'm in the same boat :(

As Kurt said... yes! But have never had one bite yet. It is funny, but I almost consider them friendly, like a very small puppy dog or something. (is that some sort of Anthropomorphism? LOL!)

You should try this... next to a creek, there is a large patch of old dead reeds, and the ground is covered in an inches thick layer of old dead reeds, leaves, etc. It is loaded with Funnel Weaver spiders.. every step you see dozens of them. Imagine laying down in those reeds.. and focusing on one of the Funnel Weaver lairs. You can barely see him/her/it in there.. and wait patiently for the spider to come to the end of his funnel so you can get a really cool shot.

I forgot to mention, you are wearing shorts and a loose tank top. You can feel some of the other Funnel Weavers (and who knows what else) crawling over you. Your girlfriend is behind you going "YECH... you are COVERED with spiders"...lol! Your chosen subject never cooperates.. and you never get the shot you want. When you finally stand up, some of the spiders that got beneath your shirt bite you, because of the movement, and they feel trapped. You take your shirt off and your GF brushes off about a dozen of the spiders (Gently... at your request!). You make a promise to yourself not to wear a shirt next tiime, so the spiders don't get trapped. And you know there WILL be a next time, until you get the shot you want!

Is that a little twisted, or what?

Yes.. this is a true life adventure of a certain photographer that loves macro more than life! :bounce:

Last edited:
so your girlfriend needs a camera to take a shot of you getting up from the reeds covered in spiders. lol

Most reactions

New Topics

Back