weepete

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.petecrawford.co.uk
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Out in the garden and I managed to spot this tiny female zebra jumping spider on our stairs in the back garden. It appears she has some kind of prey that she was taking back to her lair. Shot with a nifty fifty and a Raynox DCR 250 macro diopter which is the first time I've really had to test it out since I got it almost two years ago. I don't shoot macro very often, but it's nice to have the option.

Female Zebra Jumping Spider 1 by wee_pete, on Flickr

Female Zebra Jumping Spider 2 by wee_pete, on Flickr

These guys have very good vision, and can see you as well as you can see them. It's fun to approach one and move around; they will usually turn to keep an eye on you.

Good results for one of those things.

Thanks tirediron! I was fairly happy with the results, she was very small. I need to do some experimenting to see it there's a better lens combo I could use with this. Could have done with having her larger in the frame. I did try putting extension tubds on my 150-600mm, but she scarpered before I could get the chance to try it out.

These guys have very good vision, and can see you as well as you can see them. It's fun to approach one and move around; they will usually turn to keep an eye on you.

Yes, she was certainly aware I was there and kept turning her back to me XD.

Good shooting......
Thanks Jeff!

Nice lens, nice shot. #2 because he's got a few eyes or eight on you.

Thanks Kirk! These were my two best, though there's maybe one more that seems a touch sharper but the poses aren't as good.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back