Cool sequence of a bird dive-bombing food

inTempus

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I was tossing some bread out in the pond behind my house to bring in the Seagulls so I could get some pics of them. Here's a series of shots showing a bird swooping in from the sky and snatching up some floating bread.

This happened very fast, I was surprised they turned out.

551493866_6hFBs-L.jpg

551494629_oHeGN-L.jpg

551494699_8YJWq-L.jpg

I thought they were pretty neat, so I thought I would share.

Great captures! Thanks for sharing.
They beat the pants off my seagull pics

Oh yeah, now I'm feeling it. Yep, camera envy. :p

Very nice captures. It's cool to see them in sequence; might look nice on the wall as a series in a single picture frame. That's just me though. >.>

What was the shutter speed on these photos. I am a newbee but I am going to guess, 250mm, 1/1000, f/4, ISO 200. Great photos. Let me know, I want to copy your style.

would of looked better if shot with a d200...

j/k, relax!

What was the shutter speed on these photos. I am a newbee but I am going to guess, 250mm, 1/1000, f/4, ISO 200. Great photos. Let me know, I want to copy your style.
Here's the Exif data:

bird_exif.png

I was also firing at 10 frames per second.

I'm glad everyone likes the pics. I didn't plan on catching this particular action shot. What's kind of crazy is it looks like he almost lands for a moment, but the water is at least 3ft deep there. His feet just skimmed the surface.

@ 1/1000 the wings wouldn't be blurred.
cool sequence and great timing. one of the things i wish i had was faster fps.

would have been cool if you were angled from the front so you could see his beak in the water making the actual grab... you can kind of see it in the reflection though wich is also cool.

Yeah, I wish I could have been in a different location. I was on my deck which is about 10ft above the ground and water. I wasn't expecting the bird to do this. I would have preferred to have been on the ground and more in front of him. But I was just glad I caught it.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back