Cooperative Toad.

Cool toad, would like to have seen more of him in focus, smaller aperture would have helped

Cool toad, would like to have seen more of him in focus, smaller aperture would have helped

I was at f/11 on those and going to even f/14 or f/18 wasn't helping. Probably could have been a good chance to try focus stacking but it was raining and I didn't have my tripod handy.

EDIT: HA, actually out of like the 30-40 shots I took, I ended up picking these three to edit, and it just so happens these were like the select few I wasn't using my flash for, so that are all under f/8. :) I'll see if I got any ones at f/11 worth processing.

Last edited:
Yeah long telephoto lens at min focusing distance, really doesn't matter how much you stop down, DOF is going to be thin. Yeah focus stacking would have been helpful but hard without a tripod

When I take shots like this, it starts to make me want a 1:1 lens.

I like #3 as well.

Oh.. for a really close up macro of one of those eyes.....that would be cool!

Cool frog. Nice pics. I like the sneaky look of the first one.

Oh.. for a really close up macro of one of those eyes.....that would be cool!

yeah, I would like to get closer and these are HEAVILY cropped. My lens does 1:2.8 at 70mm.

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Is that actually a glass "filter"? What about extension tubes?

Cooperative Toad is a great name for a band!

Ladies and Gentlemen! Put your hands in the air and let me hear you SCREAMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!!! CO-OPERATIVE TOAD!!!!

Is that actually a glass "filter"? What about extension tubes?

It is actual GLASS, yes! And excellent quality too! I used to not be a believer... until Overread? convinced me. I believe it was Overread, if I remember correctly.

Tubes are great too... but make sure you get the Kenko's. The cheap copies (even with electrical contacts) can still be squirrelly... and are a waste of time without electrical contacts (unless you have a lens with an aperture ring!)

Cooperative Toad is a great name for a band!

Ladies and Gentlemen! Put your hands in the air and let me hear you SCREAMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!!! CO-OPERATIVE TOAD!!!!

Sounds like a band.... heck, I would listen to them! :)

Most reactions

Back