Coopers Hawk - backyard visitor

Cool!!
We have seen Hawks sweeping by trying to get the Mourning Doves that hang around ... but none have ever landed on our deck.

Cool!!
We have seen Hawks sweeping by trying to get the Mourning Doves that hang around ... but none have ever landed on our deck.

We have a lot of mourning doves at our feeders and also used to get a lot of pigeons (changed feed and don't get pigeons anymore thank goodness). At least two pigeons have been caught in my backyard and actually got shots of a Coopers hawk eating his just caught pigeon. Didn't seem to bother him I was only 15' away.

Brent, all we get are doves, sparrows, mocking birds, and the occasional bluejay in the back yard. We get crows across the street. :lol:

Nice shots. :encouragement:

Great shots!

I have visitors like this, just not when I'm around. Lol. They leave me presents. Wing...legs...fur.....

You are very lucky to have Hawks in your backyard, very nice shot...

Nice, Brent. I have seen a couple this year.

Brent, all we get are doves, sparrows, mocking birds, and the occasional bluejay in the back yard. We get crows across the street. :lol:

Nice shots. :encouragement:

Great shots!

I have visitors like this, just not when I'm around. Lol. They leave me presents. Wing...legs...fur.....

Hehe! :D:D
When it looks back... Cool!!!!

You are very lucky to have Hawks in your backyard, very nice shot...

Thanks guys

I know we got hawks around my house because you don't see morning doves or pigeons. This is the first year I have seen a lot of squirrels though, which have been few and far between years prior. Still don't see rabbits. Lot's of chipmunks

Love his look on the 2nd one. The ole stink eye.

Most reactions

Back