Copy/Paste Bots

Josh66

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
How does 'the scam' work? I don't get it. I assume they're bots, because I see no reason a real person would bother creating an account just to copy/paste other users' content...

The only thing I can think of is that they're trying to get their post count up before they do whatever it is they were meant to do.

Just waiting for "Sally" to discover this thread...

Just waiting for "Sally" to discover this thread...

Reported, and apparently already dealt with.

That is what prompted this thread, actually. I see it all the time though.

edit
Though it would be pretty awesome to get a copy/paste bot to copy & paste something in this thread. :lol:

I guess I'm not on everyday...haven't seen this yet. . ?.?.

I guess I'm not on everyday...haven't seen this yet. . ?.?.

You may have seen it and not known it - it's easy to miss if you haven't been following a thread closely.

A new member will start posting replies to a lot of threads, but if you read them, they are all copied from elsewhere in the thread.

Some / many / most forums require a certain number of posts before a user is able to sell things on the "For Sale" forums. Plus, someone with a few posts behind them is frequently trusted a little bit more than someone with only 1 or 2. I have to think this has something to do with it.

I always see a couple of failed pictures after the message. Just little "insert image" tag thingies.

I always see a couple of failed pictures after the message. Just little "insert image" tag thingies.

They're supposed to be images that are embedded with links. I think they don't work due to the spam settings of the forums' software.

They're supposed to be images that are embedded with links. I think they don't work due to the spam settings of the forums' software.

Hmm. I never notice them. Even if I quote the message (to see the text), there's almost never anything out of the ordinary there.

Yeah I whacked two of those spammers inside of 2 minutes. Very strange.

Too late, someone has already deleted them. Sally is but a memory now. I'll have to remember next time I see one.

Edit: And the rabbit earns his keep!

ah HAH! Let's not talk about how long I stared at banana, wondering about its significance.:er:

ah HAH! Let's not talk about how long I stared at banana, wondering about its significance.:er:

hahahahha....

I'm a sort of special kind of spammer.

The kind with like 9000 posts. :lol:

How does 'the scam' work? I don't get it. I assume they're bots, because I see no reason a real person would bother creating an account just to copy/paste other users' content...

The only thing I can think of is that they're trying to get their post count up before they do whatever it is they were meant to do.

Most reactions

Back