What's new

Wifi Calling on a cell phone.

Once again: the question is:

If a phone hasn't been set up for wifi calling, can it still be set up using just a wifi connection sans cell service?
Yes based on what I’ve searched. They just need a device that has the function on it. ie; most phones made in the last few years have it available.
 
Once again: the question is:

If a phone hasn't been set up for wifi calling, can it still be set up using just a wifi connection sans cell service?

AT&T phones come with an icon for Wi-Fi calling. There is no setup required.

You just click on the Icon and as long as you are connected to Wi-Fi, you are able to make and receive calls.

I cannot answer for other carriers as I've been with AT&T for awhile.
 
I asked around to find someone who has never set up wifi calling. I found a friend in this situation. I told him to enter airplane mode and see if he could set it up.

He did. And he was able to.

Mystery solved.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom