copyright paper?

tonyadgarcia

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
im not a professional photographer but i am getting into the business of selling my photos. how can i buy copyright protected paper? do i need something more to get it?

just print with a water mark. unless you want something else

i think Tony is looking for paper with preprinted copyright back printing, check out B&H photo or Freestyle the two together have most everythink

If you print your photos through WHCC online, they have the water mark "copyright GwagDesigns Photography 2009" on the back as well as "professional images are copyright protected" and "Do not copy"

i have my own printer which is why i was wondering if im supposed to register or something to be able to get the copyright protected photo paper. cant find it anywhere and if i do it can only be purchased by big lab companys. i must be missing something

Excuse my ignorance but what exactly is a copyright paper? If people can look at the printed photo than there is also a way to copy it. The only thing you can do is print some low resolution photo that is worthless to others or have a watermark on it that you would remove when selling the photo.

Ill just throw out a quick example, I used to work at Ritz Camera, we would never print anything that had a copyright logo on the back or front. We would get people coming in with those senior proof prints wanting to have us scan them and print them out for them.

i have my own printer which is why i was wondering if im supposed to register or something to be able to get the copyright protected photo paper. cant find it anywhere and if i do it can only be purchased by big lab companys. i must be missing something

No you do not need to register your photos to clam the copyright. In the US all art forms are automatic copyrighted at creation. But a register copyright will help if you need to take legal action. Link to US copyright law Loc.gov

As for not find the paper in low volumes, there is likely not a big market. Do you think a stamp would bleed thought? I sometimes use very soft pencil (B6) and just sign the back.

Excuse my ignorance but what exactly is a copyright paper?--
It's paper with copyright printed on the back, so people cannot clam ignorance of the law

Most reactions

New Topics

Back