Coral Pics

stormbind

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I took these with the kit lens and a edmund scientific magnifying lens. The camera was mounted in a tripod and I was holding the magnifying lens in my other lens. I know these are not the best, but I thought that I would share them anyway. It won't be long before I get my Canon 100mm f/2.8 Macro USM and then the fun really begins.:smileys:

IMG_2893.jpg

IMG_2896.jpg

IMG_2913-1.jpg

IMG_2899_sharp.jpg

Please feel free to edit and repost anything. Also C&C is welcomed.

sharpen
lighten shadows
darken highlight
increase brightness
blur noise in upper right dark area

IMG_2893edit.jpg

Thanks for the edit. Looks good. Anyone else wanna give it a shot?

Yes I have heard that from a lot of people on a reef tank forum. Apparently I got lucky, because my Goby hangs out all day. Rarely is he hiding in his hole.

Also figured out why my pics were not so sharp. The diopter adjustment on the viewfinder was improperly adjusted and I was using manual focus. Hence slightly out of focus images. Well that was at least part of the problem. :er:

I've never tried manual focus on him. Mine hangs out in front of his cave most of the day so I think I'll give manual a try as well. You've got some beautiful corals in the tank.

Nice Acan you got there. I used to run a salt tank but got too busy and had to retire it. I do miss it though.

Most reactions

Back