What's new

Corky

shinycard255

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Joined
Nov 27, 2012
Messages
166
Reaction score
64
Location
IL
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I told myself that I need to take more pictures outside of work...

So here's some corks... C&C welcome :D

corkscrews.jpg


corkscrews1.jpg
 
anyone care to C&C?
 
I somewhat like the top photo, but wish it had just a wee bit more depth of field. The second photo is workmanlike. Shots of patterns or repeating items are usually of at least passing interest to most folks.
 
I like the 1st photo out of either of them. The 2nd shot was more 'stock photography' based anyway. We'll see if I could make some money off it.

I still have the shot set up at home... I'll try the first shot with a little more depth of field. I want to say it was taken around f8, but can't remember offhand. Anything lower than that and I wasn't able to get the 1 row of corks in focus. Either way, I'll add a little more and see what it does
 
Too bright ... need backlight with falloff to make more dramatic ....some shadows would help also
 
I'll tweak the lighting too and see what I can come up with. I had the softbox pretty high to the right of the pack of corks. I'll try lowering it and see what shadows it creates.
 
You might need a gobo to kill some of the light.
 
Thanks Mully. I'll try putting some black cards up to flag off the light a bit
 
So I changed my lighting up a bit when the softbox wasn't working. Changed to hard lighting and used black and white cards to help assist the lighting process. Completely changed the mood of the shot. Also am shooting at f16 now, was at f8 before

corks2.jpg
 
Can do some difference in the second image , like Hanging a board a projected non center cork like "Not For Sale" or some more funny words; mere pattern without a break is sometimes not captive
Regards :D
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom