Corn Maze - c&c please

SquarePeg

hear me roar
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Took this yesterday and really not sure about my processing of it. What do you think? Comments on all aspects of the photo are welcome. Thanks for looking.

Connors Farm 2015_7610ab.jpg

ok... this is just my opinion and my taste so don't take it too seriously

when I looked at the photo the first thing I thought was "oh , this has a great potential for pp"
I would process this picture in a gloomy, dark way... the sky is very well preserved

The picture as it is is a bit dull... jmho

we'll see what others have to say :)

Thanks for your feedback. I may give that a try.

Good morning Ms. SquarePeg.
I agree with M&M that you have a location that has real potential.
Maybe something from a higher angle so that you bring more of the beautiful colors of those trees in the background.

Here is a link to several landscape tips and tricks. I enjoy reading these because they tend to be short and sweet. They often include example images.
You searched for landscape - Digital Photography School

Good morning Ms. SquarePeg.
I agree with M&M that you have a location that has real potential.
Maybe something from a higher angle so that you bring more of the beautiful colors of those trees in the background.

Here is a link to several landscape tips and tricks. I enjoy reading these because they tend to be short and sweet. They often include example images.
You searched for landscape - Digital Photography School

I only have a few from a higher angle and none of them show the maze, just the field of corn but a better view of the foliage.

Connors Farm 2015_7599a.jpg

Much much nicer imo. :)

If this is place you can get back to, I would still try to incorporate the dirt path into the shot used maybe as a leading line.

ok... this is just my opinion and my taste so don't take it too seriously

when I looked at the photo the first thing I thought was "oh , this has a great potential for pp"
I would process this picture in a gloomy, dark way... the sky is very well preserved

The picture as it is is a bit dull... jmho

we'll see what others have to say :)

More like this?

Connors Farm 2015_7610abc.jpg

I like the curving like of the path, but my inclination would have been to try walking further up the path to see if I could get more of the trees. I tend to mosey and turn and look around etc. and sometimes I'll see a better picture.

With this it's a lot of similar tones, gray, tan, yellowish tan, etc. So if possible I'd go on a nice sunny day, or if I'm stuck with a crappy cloudy day that's the only time I can get there, then I try to minimize what looks crappy. I think I'd like less of the choppy stalks to the right (particularly the one sticking into the picture), and sometimes I frame lower to get less gray hazy sky (unless the clouds are interesting; these have some interest closer to the ground I think). I'd probably want to bring the viewer more into the path than the sky. Depends I guess on what you want the picture to be about.

I would go with a lower angle - make the corn look bigger than life and forbidding,

Most reactions

Back