KmH

In memoriam
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
kharrodphotography.blogspot.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
If all goes according to plan, every couple of days I will be making an image from this same exact spot to visually document how fast corn grows. I just realized, I need something in the foreground of the image for scale. (I make no promises, this is a low priority project. :lol:)

I know the horizon is in the center of this photo. It won't be long till we can no longer see the horizon, for the corn.

Central Iowa, approx. 7 PM (GMT -6), looking due North | Lat: 42 Long: -93 | Elev: 1014 ft. | Pop: 170
CornToday5-15-10D300A_0001.jpg

CornToday5-18-10D300A_0044.jpg

CornToday5-23-10D300A_0006.jpg

CornToday5-27-10D300A_0002.jpg

CornToday6-2-10D300A_0005.jpg

IMG_0390.jpg

Last edited:
Beautiful. I love corn fields for some reason. Who says the horizon has to be in the top or bottom third anyway? Isn't it up to the photographer? I usually find myself doing as you did.
Also did you use a ND grad?

Plant it and they will grow.

Does anyone realize that the 'Field of Dreams' farm is up for sale? The curent owners take it upon themselves to keep the field prepared and maintained, but are ready to retire. They want the tradition to continue with the new buyers. The homeplace gets many visitors each year.

Nice image. Will be interested to follow the progression.

Does anyone realize that the 'Field of Dreams' farm is up for sale? The curent owners take it upon themselves to keep the field prepared and maintained, but are ready to retire. They want the tradition to continue with the new buyers. The homeplace gets many visitors each year.

I also heard that. That movie has actually been on a few times this past weekend. (Now back on track lol)

Are you kidding me! ("Is this heaven?" "No, this is Iowa".)

It was front page, headline news here in Iowa.

No, no filter but next time I'll use a CPL.

I figure the corn stalks will top out at about 8 feet to the top of the tassels.

beautiful! what wonderful clouds

5/18/10.

All new images will be posted at the beginning of the thread.

We are under a Severe Thunderstorm Warning. The spot I'm taking this shot is on the route I walk several times a day and is about a quarter of a mile from the house.

I just did my evening walk between downpours and still was able to shoot at about 7 PM.

The overcast was very heavy and you can see from the EXIF it was made at 1/25, f/8, ISO 200, while the first was 1/800, f/14, ISO 200.

I also didn't mention the gear I'm using:

Nikon D300/gripped
Nikon AF-S 12-24mm f/4G (@ 12 mm)
Handheld

I like your project. I'll follow it from now on.
Much corn is being grown around me, too. Though the fields tend to be smaller, given that this is Germany and not Iowa. But still: they grow it much and the amount of corn fields is bringing out the environmentalists. "Monoculture". "Heaps of fertilisers needed". Those are their arguments. (I tend to share some of them).
Last fall, I photographed the harvesting. Was on a corn harvester myself, too, going through the field.

So far I really am enjoying this, and the difference in the sky from day to day is cool too.

I am wondering how much longer we will be able to see the rows as we look further towards the backround.

From today's shot it doesn't look like it will be much longer. Of course the corn in the back is getting higher too, but there is a limit for sure.

Look how much less of the building on the left and the tree on the right in the background can be seen.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back