Corporate-ish style headshots from a few hours ago.

o hey tyler

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I was contracted to do some headshots for a local web design business. They're to be used for promo materials and on their website. I'm still at the offices and can take more photos, so I figured I'd get some feedback on what people like or don't like. The client really likes them, and is quite happy with the results, but if I can add something or re-do a shot for the better of the set, I am able to.

Kelsey
j4HYQ6Qfo0NL5.jpg

Trish
j9t4mvLmmrIVD.jpg

Rob - The major thing that jumps out at me is that the rim light is hot and perhaps angled too far forwards towards the camera. Rob likes this photo more.
iR4OPadnpA5Wr.jpg

Rob (I actually like this one better, I'd be interested on opinions between the two)
jbe33EUxQK6DxZ.jpg

Everybody's nose looks a bit large; what focal length are you using and how close are you to them??? See if you cannot get that brick wall sublimated a bit more. Side-light on Rob seems a wee bit hot.

IMO 1 & 4 are the best. Number 2 way red and yellow, it might be the face or possibly the fake tanning making her orange as heck. 3 he's squinting his right like he's flirting. Can't really anymore since still in the learning process myselk but otherwise great shots.

I used an 85mm prime... I agree the noses do look a little large. I'm not sure what to do about that. It could be that this group of people has abnormally large noses, I'm not sure. I'm hesitant to go to 50mm though, because I like the background separation from the 85. I can get in closer with the 50, and move the chair farther from the wall, but I was pretty much maxed out on space when shooting with the 85 in the office.

IMO 1 & 4 are the best. Number 2 way red and yellow, it might be the face or possibly the fake tanning making her orange as heck. 3 he's squinting his right like he's flirting. Can't really anymore since still in the learning process myselk but otherwise great shots.

Yes, Trish lives in sunny California, and the other two are from dark and snowy Maine. Trish just flew in the other day so she's still got a strong tan from Cali. I'll try desaturating some of the stronger channels to even it out.

I used an 85mm prime... I agree the noses do look a little large. I'm not sure what to do about that.

If the noses are large, nothing to be done about it ;)

Hey, but I would not call it abnormal yet!

They do look a little bit yellow to me (or maybe just slightly oversaturated). Regarding the Rob photos... his expression is better in the first one, but that side light is a little hot and draws my attention as well. Tough call, nice shots though.

I'm wit darrel, a lil hot on Rob. The second of him is a little better IMO, his left eye looks a lil squinty in the first. I think the first girl could have dropped her back shoulder a bit and turned her chin and lowered it just a bit putting her face a lil more squared to the camera. These are still sick though. What equipment?

looks like the equipment ? has been answered...

I would definitely not get closer or reduce F.L.--both combined would increase the nose distortion. When the camera is too physically close to a person, the foreground tends to be magnified in relation to the background; the difference between 7 feet and even 10 feet is significant in terms of how a nose will render. With a 50mm you'd be even closer, and that changes the perspective (in a negative way on portraits--but in a GOOD way when you want to make a salmon look BIGGER!!!).

What is the use of the photos? For website use they are good, for print they are a little informal. Just my opinion.

I'm wit darrel, a lil hot on Rob. The second of him is a little better IMO, his left eye looks a lil squinty in the first. I think the first girl could have dropped her back shoulder a bit and turned her chin and lowered it just a bit putting her face a lil more squared to the camera. These are still sick though. What equipment?

Yep, used an 85mm f/1.4 prime, 5D2, an AB800 as a main light, and a 430EXII as a rim/side light. Good call on Kelsey dropping her shoulder back, that would make for better posture. Thanks. :)

What is the use of the photos? For website use they are good, for print they are a little informal. Just my opinion.

They're going to be used primarily on their website, and possibly on facebook/blog posts. Or as avatars. They're a web design company so print material will be minimal, however I don't doubt that they'll likely make their way to print.

Most reactions

Back