Correcting Lights in Night shots.

tron76

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hi there

I have taken a few night shots but often find the buildings lights, or signs on the buildings become especially blown out and unreadable.
Is there a way using Lightroom that i can fix this, to make them sharp and cleaner again? I have tried reducing the highlights, but it doesnt seem to really do much

I have provided a pic as an example.
thanks for any advice

Kel

Attachments

• $boatquey.jpg
    $boatquey.jpg
    615.6 KB · Views: 159
I don't think you can separate the lighting with post production in lightroom. The only way is try to reduce the highlight and white, but you've already tried this route. Anyway in shooting phase you could think about a double exposure, one for the light and one for the buildings, and blend them in post production. I've never tried it but maybe it could work

Try dropping the highlights down. if that's not enough give your whites a decrease. Also, make sure your camera is level or straighten the buildings in post. Cool spot. Where is this?

edit ~ I apologize, I didn't see the not okay to edit until today. photo deleted.

Last edited:
hey eric, i took that shot in singapore last week its the boat quay / clark key area looking back towards the main CBD area :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back