Corrupted Memory Cards

Status
Not open for further replies.

truetifoso

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I have a Nikon D70 and am wondering if it could be the cause for three memory cards being corrupted.

I have three different compact flash cards from three different manufacturers with three different capacities (1GB, 2GB, and 32GB). The first two cards can suddenly only record and keep 56 pictures at 5 megapixels per picture, and the 32GB Belkin card just stopped working WHILE I was taking pictures. It just stopped recording, and I was unable to see the pictures that I already took either on the camera or on my computer.

The only common denominator in the situation is the camera. Could cameras ruin memory cards?

I guess that it's possible.

I'd suggest re-installing the firm ware on your camera. While you're at it, check to make sure that you have the most up to date version.

D70 is an older model Nikon. Are you sure that it can use 32GB SDHC cards?

D70cards.jpg

Reported as spam.

I, for one, flat-out refuse to patronize any business who engages in this method of advertising, and I encourage all other TPF members to do the same.

Try to recover the corrupted files, but instead of paying for a program give Zero Assumption a try, it's free (for the image recovery part). I've used it to to recover files from several different cards from different cameras (my brother in laws had files recovered from over 5 years ago), it even recovered lost image files on a hard drive that went bad after I put it in a portable case.
Digital image recovery - ZAR usage demo

It's gotten to the point that I assume any 'memory card corrupted' thread older than 3 hours has SPAM in it.

They do seem to be spam targets.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back