Cosplay Photos

abovenormphotos

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Sharing some Cosplay Photos taken yesterday.
It was in a shopping mall. I could only position the cosplayers in certain angles to ensure that they did not have the rest of the crowd in the back ground.
Credit to the wonderful cosplayers I had the chance to take photos of.

Do comment and critique.

1,3,4,5,6 and 7 ALL would have been improved if they had been shot as "talls". Verticals. Portrait orientation. Decent focus and exposures, straightforward processing, but 1,2,3,4,7 all have dull, lifeless looking eyeballs. I know it can be difficult whenever there are people around, so you do what you can, I get that. But not showing the costumes, and instead showing the empty space to the left and right is cutting into the impact of most all of these frames.

I think I would crop several of these to almost perfect SQUARE orientations, and that that would make them stronger!

Derrel _ I get what you mean. Shall give more thought to my framing and composition of the shots. Noted with thanks! Will keep it in mind.
However, what can I do about the eyes? Change the angle of the shot perhaps?

.....but 1,2,3,4,7 all have dull, lifeless looking eyeballs....

You need to start watching anime and reading manga books.;-)

Hi tecboy, nice of you to stop by and share your thoughts.
To be honest, Though I know that reading and familiarizing myself with the manga and comics, I thought I could skip over that part. Guess it'll help more if I do.Shall take note of your tip.

.....but 1,2,3,4,7 all have dull, lifeless looking eyeballs....

You need to start watching anime and reading manga books.;-)

Hi tecboy, nice of you to stop by and share your thoughts.
To be honest, Though I know that reading and familiarizing myself with the manga and comics, I thought I could skip over that part. Guess it'll help more if I do.Shall take note of your tip.

In manga and anime fashion cultures, the eyes are very big with very big pupils. The manga characters are like dolls. Many cosplayers are wearing eye contacts to alter their looks to be more like manga characters. Technically, they want to be like dolls.

Anime Dolls

Most reactions

Back