cost of hosting a website

shingfan

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
how much does it cost to maintain a website (monthly server fee?)

how does everyone else do it?

can anyone give me any idea or price figure?

I do not have a website (yet...am considering it though) but if you want to go inexpensive there are places that offer free web hosting. But, if you are looking for something more professional then this is probably not the route you want to go.

Brian

It can vary widely. Look at hosting through godaddy.com or one of the big companies at first, it's cheap. You can probably get away with $10 monthly and $10 a year for the domain at first. Once your site is popular (hopefully soon right?) bandwith get's spendy.

how much does it cost to maintain a website (monthly server fee?)

how does everyone else do it?

can anyone give me any idea or price figure?

I have two webspaces and several domains. for each of the two webspaces I pay around 10 USD per month, plus a lil extra since I have so many domains :p

Once traffic starts getting expensive, your site is popular enough to make money with it anyway ...

I HIGHLY recommend www.1and1.com The prices are around 5 dollars a month and they give you two domain games.

I've had great experience with www.lonex.com - $60/year includes the domain name and 10 gigs. I have probably ten sites with them and no problems.

Most reactions

Back