Cougar Photoshoot, please be gentle, photo noob (56k warning some big pics)

Dekz

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Well, I know car pictures aren't really the norm in here but that's what got me into photography. This is my baby so please be gentle :p

I have been made aware by another forum that the program I used to resize the pics is crappy and has made the pics look a bit jagged. I am in the process of getting a better program right now, when I do I will update the post with the better versions.

I am VERY new to photography so I REALLY appreciate any and all comments.

Edit: pics were replaced with ones that have now been properly resized, MUCH sharper

cougar1.jpg

cougar2.jpg

cougar3.jpg

cougar4.jpg

cougar5.jpg

cougar6.jpg

cougar7.jpg

cougar8.jpg

cougar9.jpg

cougar10.jpg

cougar11.jpg

cougar12.jpg

Nice car. If I were to offer some critique...I would say, focus more on the car by getting closer and cropping out most of the background. You have some unique angles of the car but it's almost like you are saying "here is my car on the road"..."here is my car by the lake"..."here is my car by a building".

Don't get me wrong, backgrounds are important and you have done a nice job of putting your car into different places...but what's more important...the car or the background?

I liked this pic a lot but couldn't seem to get a crop I liked before, but I tried again and I think it's not too bad like this.

cougar13.jpg

Big Mike said:
Nice car. If I were to offer some critique...I would say, focus more on the car by getting closer and cropping out most of the background. You have some unique angles of the car but it's almost like you are saying "here is my car on the road"..."here is my car by the lake"..."here is my car by a building".

Don't get me wrong, backgrounds are important and you have done a nice job of putting your car into different places...but what's more important...the car or the background?

Good advice. I'd second that and add that I really like the last one. The slight blur really works well there.

i agree, i seem to be one of the few automotive photographers on here... if you want your car to be the main focus, either try to get a background that will help it stand out, or find a background that will compliment the car. and i agree, you're a little far away from the car in a bunch of them and it seems almost like the car is just there and isn't the focal point at times.

Keep shooting and keep posting man :)

oh and i'm not a fan of cougars really, but your looks pretty decent :thumbup:

i think the ones you took of the rear of the car are the best

Most reactions

New Topics

Back