Could this be the camera of the future?

mental is a rather polite description.

and the images LOOK like a point and shoot, and i dont mean the good kind of point and shoot.

i mean the 28 mm "almost a fish eye" fixed lens with a shutter fixed at 1/125

Not a useful device for me. What I have does better than this.

it's a 35mm lens on a FF sensor. What are you talking about?

The shutter is spec'd at: 1/2000 to 30 Seconds. Again, what are you talking about????

---

the editing and sharing feature is the future, however, that price tag is nothing but absurd.

I can't believe the user interface will be adequate for reasonable editing in camera, while a phone or tablet has a more suitable configuration for editing.
IMO very few people would find this a useful feature.

Agreed. I can edit in-camera on my Canon's but rarely do. If I thought I wanted to do that I simply set it to send to my phone in real-time and then edit on it...which I rarely do. But there is a generation that, if they can't do in on a screen the size of a phone, they won't do it. They just can afford Zeiss gear.

it's a 35mm lens on a FF sensor. What are you talking about?

The shutter is spec'd at: 1/2000 to 30 Seconds. Again, what are you talking about????

---

the editing and sharing feature is the future, however, that price tag is nothing but absurd.
thats what the images provided LOOK LIKE.

thats what the images provided LOOK LIKE.

1. The images are not fisheyed whatsoever.
2. You have an unimpressive skill of being able to inaccurately determine the shutter speed based on a handful still shots.

It's nice but for the price but it seems to be geared toward techy geeks that'll pay a lot for convenience and bragging rights. I think I'll stick to editing and sharing on my computer.

Photos of squirrels never looked better.

mental is a rather polite description.

and the images LOOK like a point and shoot, and i dont mean the good kind of point and shoot.

while I wouldn’t want a fixed 28, its by far my least favorite focal length, but it’s far from fisheye unless it’s a really crumby 28 with a butt-load of distortion.

More of a wide to wide-normal, depending on if you consider 35 normal over 50. … and a lot of people do, especially for street photographers which Zeiss has a very long history and legacy.

But this aspect - high end, noninterchangeable fixed focal length with simple controls - isnt anything too unusual, either. There’s been several similar offering from Leica, Sony, Fuji and Contax.

Are you suggesting the Fuji GF670 or GA645 is a ‘point and shoot’ also?

Last edited:

Most reactions

Back