Could you please help me with studio lights?

Gary - I purchased this item to learn photography and I purchased it as used item with no BLOODY user manual. SORRY next time i will take care.

*thread moved to lighting subsection*

1) I've said it before and I'll say it again - use the report function not backseat moderating when you see a thread in the wrong place.

2) Gary watch it with the attitude!

What attitude, they should read the bloody manual before asking basic questions

Reading the manual is always a good idea. Most manuals can be downloaded for free if you don't have one. I would definitely recommend it.

That being said, the OP was dealing with a lot of variables in an area they were not used to. It would be easy to accidentally surpass the necessary sync-speed even if they did know what it was. Since I don't recall the D7000 manual saying what would happen if you did out-shoot your sync-speed it wouldn't be overly obvious what the problem was. Downloading and reading the manual and google/TPF forum searches could have answered the question but I can see why there was so much confusion on the OP's part.

Gary - I purchased this item to learn photography and I purchased it as used item with no BLOODY user manual. SORRY next time i will take care.

When shooting with studio lights you can go as low 1/30 as long as there is no ambient, i usually shoot at 1/125 but it's not important because your studio flashes act as your shutter speed

Thanks a lot gary. I understand will try this weekend.

All you need to worry about are F stops, meter for your main light and play about with the power on you other lights but keep the power lower, rim and hair lights can be higher but you want them to be subtle

Most reactions

Back