Couple Black and White River shots.

PixelRabbit

A naughty little bunny...
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Our snow has come and gone repeatedly. Two days ago we had nothing, after yesterday we had a nice new blanket and the sun peaked out at sunset time so I popped out to take a few QUICK pictures, it was -19 with the windchill, my hands were frozen! These are the first two I processed from the set.

I chose B&W because there is just so much little details and small smudges of colour they really only made the shot messy and the lines and textures were lost. I'm mostly happy with what I ended up with here although I think the snow may be a little too grey in spots?

Would love to hear your thoughts! Thanks for taking a look :)

The first is quite nice. The second, I'd crop just above the opposite side river bank...too much going on in the frame past that which isn't doing anything to promote the artistic statement....IMO

Thanks Ceeboy :) Conveniently I took a shot (or two) of that composition also ;) The one I've chosen as my favourite needs some thought over coffee before I tackle it, I'm pretty sure it wants to keep it's colours.

What Ceeboy said. In the second pic is just too many objects, far and close for it to work. The tracks in the snow and that fence by the water, they look very yummy, but the dark tree is spoiling it for me. Too bad, sometimes there is just no way to frame it cleanly.

Thanks Timor :) Now I'm looking forward to processing the tighter framed ones more and more ;)

I like these in B&W. Can you add a tad bit more exposure to make the snow white but not blow it out?
The texture is good so can't add much.

Thanks Rick :) I might be able to get a bit more but probably not much before I start losing details in the foregrounds but I do agree, they could benefit by a little more.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back